Revised June 16, 2020
discloses information collected from Users (each, a “User”) of www.ggu.edu, law.ggu.edu, and all other Websites
(“Sites”) managed by Golden Gate University, unless otherwise indicated.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We may collect personally identifiable information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to,
when Users visit our Sites, request access credentials to Sites, apply for admission, make a payment, request
information, request marketing materials, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other
activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Sites. Users may be asked to provide name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, employment history, and academic
information. Users may, however, visit our Sites anonymously. We will collect personally identifiable information
from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to u s. Users may refuse to supply personallyidentifiable information, but that may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about Users whenever they interact with our Sites. Nonpersonally identifiable information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information
about Users means of connection to our Sites, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers
utilized and other similar information.
WEB BROWSER COOKIES
Our Sites may use “cookies” to enhance the User experience. User’s Web browser places cookies on their storage
device for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them. Users may choose to set their
the Sites may not function properly.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
Golden Gate University may collect and use User’s personal information in any way, including, but not limited to the following purposes:
- To respond to you, such as when you make a request or inquiry; or share a comment or concern; we use the information you provided to contact you by email, phone, text messaging, social messaging app.
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize User experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Sites.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic e-mails: We may use the e-mail address to send User information and updates pertaining to official university business. It may also be used to respond to User inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If Users decide to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive e-mails that may include university news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each e-mail.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We adopt data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Sites.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personally identifiable information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personally-identifiable information regarding visitors and Users with the US Department of Education, our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Sites or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided you have given us your permission.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Users may find advertising or other content on our Sites that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these third-party sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by Websites linked to or from our Sites. In addition, these third-party sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing, and may have their own privacy and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other Website, including Websites which have a link to our Sites, is subject to that Website’s own terms and policies.
COMPLIANCE WITH CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never knowingly collect or maintain information on our Sites from those under 13 years of age, and no part of our Website is structured to attract anyone under 13 years of age.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
Golden Gate University
ATTN: Chief Information Officer
536 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94105